Welcome! I'm Julie!
"Adulting" can be complicated. If you're in your teens or twenties, you know what I'm talking about - the pressure is real. Yes, it can be a time of new and exciting experiences, but it can also be fraught with anxiety, confusion, heartbreak, and unexpected forks in the road. Whether you're struggling with problems at school or work, difficult relationships, or just the sense that something is missing from your life, therapy may help you.
Creating lasting and meaningful change can be challenging but you don't have to do it alone. We will work together to discover the patterns and coping strategies keeping you stuck, holding you back from living your best life. It's a collaborative process. My approach is warm, direct, and engaging. I am committed to bringing a compassionate, non-pathologizing, holistic, and culturally sensitive lens to our time together, as we figure out how to help you lean into the life you envision for yourself.
My therapeutic interests and passions include:
- Adolescent and Young Adult Life Transitions (moving away from home, starting a career, marriage, or family)
- Relationship Concerns (peers/parents/partners)
- Anxiety (excessive worry/panic attacks, academic stress)
- Depression (sadness, isolation, low self-esteem)
- Grief Following a Loss
- Career Counseling
I use an integrative therapeutic approach tailored to meet your individual needs and goals. Types of culturally sensitive therapy I provide include Psychodynamic, Attachment-Based, ACT, Person-Centered, CBT, and Trauma Focused (EMDR).
We can meet in person or virtually, depending on your preferences and schedule.
It takes courage to ask for help.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please email j[email protected] or call/text 301-318-3459. I look forward to hearing from you!
- Maryland Licensed Professional Graduate Counselor
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
- Education: The George Washington University, MA Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Faculty and Staff Career Champion 2021 Award, Georgetown University Cawley Career Education Center
- Member: American Counseling Association, Chi Sigma lota Honor Society